A guest recently asked us on twitter for the recipe for the chicken wings served in Jacks. We said no, it’s a secret! But as we love surprising and rewarding our guests we thought why keep it to ourselves, why not just share the recipe with all our chicken wing lovers out there. So here it is:
Killashee Chicken Wings
32 Chicken Wings (from your local butcher)
25 gm Good Quality Butter
100ml Louisiana Hot Sauce
(this should be enough for 4 portions but feel free to double up the recipe for extra tasty chicken wings)
· Melt the butter on a medium heat in a saucepan.
· Once melted add in the Louisiana hot sauce and bring to the boil. Set this tasty mixture to the side.
· Separately bring a large pot of water to the boil, boil your chicken wings for approximately 20minutes.
· Cool down the chicken wings under cold running water.
· Deep fry at 180 degrees for 4-5 minutes or until crispy (alternatively could bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 10-12 minutes)
· Gently remove excess fat with kitchen paper.
· In a large mixing bowl toss the chicken wins with the hot sauce.
· Serve immediately with a few celery sticks and a yummy blue cheese dressing.